Monday 2 February 2015

Whey hey!

Well ......after a long absence here I am again blogging about my quilting activities. Just couldn't work out how to do various bits and pieces on my iPad but am sorted now so let's not waste time!
I have just finished making three small quilts....all about 30" square. This one is called Tall Ships and is a very traditional quilting pattern. I love the soft colours but my choice of fabric left a lot to be desired. HINT.....when using linen be prepared for some bad language and frustration! It stretches! Originally this quilt had a border but as it stretched to form lovely waves (in keeping with the title of the quilt of course!) I abandoned that idea otherwise it may have ended in the bin!
Another tip don't be afraid to use the 'wrong' side of fabric. I'd bought the binding recently at a quilt fair thinking the colour matched ....which it did. It wasn't till I got it home and unfolded it that I realised the reverse side was even nicer! Of course it doesn't work with all fabric but with those it  does its just a bonus.
Next time I'll show quilt number two......but keep watching as I have a plan with what to do with all three....dum dum dummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment