Monday 9 January 2012

Dolly Mixtures

And a happy New Year to all (Blwyddyn Newydd Dda) Hope it's a good one. Well I finished my mother's quilt in time for Christmas and after much deliberation decided to call it Dolly Mixtures. The colours remind me of the sweets I used to eat as a child mmm! I was pleased with the back of the quilt  having used left over triangles to create a block in the middle. So here are a few shots of the end results.
Talking of 'shots' I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D50 SLR camera (just in case there are any buffs out there!) so I hope to improve my imagery over time. Watch this space.
My next quilt is now out of my head sitting in a scrap pile waiting fo action! The next blog will show its progression. I thought I might show you how I piece it together but on the other hand...............
Hwyl i chi (goodbye to you - a bit formal I know !!)

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to come by to see if you are still blogging and find that not only are you right here but you are talking in Welsh and everything! How wonderful. I really hoped to get to Jeff's walk last weekend but was in charge of aged FIL as Ian had to go to Manchester for a funeral. How are things? How are hens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no idea why I was talking in duplicate here. sorry!

    ReplyDelete